Dates: August 3 - 6, 2014
Location: Gwinnett Technical College (Lawrenceville, GA)
What makes a photograph award-winning material? What does a judge look for in a PPA photography competition? Here's your chance to learn all that, plus what happens behind the scenes during PPA's International Photographic Competition (IPC)!
Held at the same time, same place as the IPC, this workshop will demystify the world of image judging. You'll explore the ins and outs of what makes a print "merit worthy" and observe the competition process and protocol. You'll even get the chance to mock-judge images to learn by doing, and you'll leave this course confident in your ability to identify those merit images.
This workshop fulfills one of the requirements for becoming a PPA Approved Affiliate Juror. PPA members with 10 exhibition merits will also receive Photographic Exhibition Committee (PEC) credit for attending the workshop. PPA members earn two service merits for attending.
Shuttle van service from airport to hotel / hotel to airport
- Greater Atlanta Shuttle Service
- Website reservations: http://www.gaairportshuttle.com/
- Call in reservations: 678.851.7063 (ask for Stanley)
- One way rate: $40.00 plus tax
- Mention Professional Photographers of America (PPA) for special rate
Shuttle van location at the airport:
- From the Baggage Claim follow the ground transportation sign
- At the exit of the west terminal door look for Metro & Non Metro Green Sign. Follow the sign to Green # 8.
- Please avoid any form of solicitation until you arrive at Green #8 (make sure you take the right van – Greater Atlanta Shuttle Service)